Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday Blogtoberfest 1, 2013

DAY ONE!
So here it is, October! As I am looking at my calendar, I am deciding what to blog about today.
October is Halloween (31st), Sweetest Day (19th), The Hubs and My anniversary (30th).

Thursday, I am taking a make-it-take-it class on Motawi Tiles:
I Can't WAIT!!!!


And I am displaying my art at First Fridays this week too!  

The Blues and Brews Festival is coming up mid month, (hope to get there this year!)  as is The Graze to Raise 5K walk that Hubs and I have done every year in memory of his dad.  Thats a 5K walk where every 1/8th of a mile or so you stop to sample something delish from one of the restaurants in town.  All proceeds go to the local Cancer Center. 


The leaves are changing in this neck of the woods and I would say at about 15% color at this time.  This tree down the street is always every color: yellow, orange, red, purple, fuchsia, that hot pink, green... its this pretty on an overcast day, imagine what it looks like in the sun!  I am always inspired by God's work.

For some reason, I am really reluctant to go pull out the fall decorations.  I have the fall wreath hanging, but just don't know if I want to do any more than that this year.  The kids are gone, its Hubs' busy season, so I guess I'd be decorating for just me.  Me doesn't want to pack it all away later.

I DID find a easy-peasy recipe for Pumpkin muffins and made them!  A 15oz can of pumpkin mixed with a yellow cake mix. Pour in muffin cups, bake 20 mins @ 350 and voila! Pretty darn good unfrosted, but would be totally undeniable with a little cream cheese frosting! And low cal. Come to think of it, Fall is a good baking season!

Its also homecoming week this week here.  We live half a block from the school so we see a lot of the festivities - and the homecoming parade will be going by the house after school on Friday!  GO CATS!

OH, I almost forgot one of the best parts about October!
Its HOCKEY SEASON!! And the TIGERS are in Post Season, too!  YAY!   So hopefully will have a lot to post about.   I hope to get a couple things done in the artroom tonight so I can have something to blog about tomorrow. 

This might be fun. 
Ok, Day ONE is DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...