Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday, Blogtoberfest 8, 2013

Life teaches many lessons.  Life's stories makes great novels.  Its what interests us all...


I look at the experiences I have had, the people I have been able to meet.  The goods, the bads, and the uglys and I agree that EVERYTHING SHAPES US.

Like the first drafting room I was ever in.  The boss did not want a woman in his drafting room, so he gave me every rotten job to make me quit.  One of the older gents that worked with me kept telling me, " don't let it get you down, it will make you a better drafter in the end." And it did.  Another one of the older gents, who wasn't my biggest fan in the beginning, took me under his wing and showed me what I needed to know to succeed.  These guys and the other guys I worked with, actually gave me a surprise baby shower while I was working there.  I am forever grateful to these guys who probably never had gone to a shower before!

There were five of us girls on the softball team in 1982 that got engaged during the season.  We all got married within 6 weeks of each other in the fall after the season.  One girl did cakes, one did flowers, I did photography, others just helped decorate or cook... we all helped each other.  I look back and think what an awesome thing that was!

Years ago I was a volunteer for teenage girls that were in the juvenile detention center.  Kind of a big sister type thing.  You didn't really know if you were really getting through to them or if they were just humoring you.  But one of the girls, the one I didn't think I made any impression on, remembered and sent me a birthday card after she was released from the program.  She made sure she didn't put a return address, but made the effort and I took it as a thank you!


Kindnesses.  Yes its true.  The kindnesses last.  They say people may not always remember what you said or did, but how you made them feel.  I hope there are a few people that I have helped along the way.  And its not too late for any of us.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...