Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday, Blogtoberfest 7, 2013

Its that time of year again, the day is bright but chilly and little by little the Halloween decorations are coming out.   I thought, for my blog today, I would show you a treat I usually make for the people in my life for Halloween...


You will need:
A bag of Orange Slice candy,  (Or red cherry ones if you want to make apples instead of pumpkins - great for Teacher Appreciation Day!) Depending on the size of the bag and how many you want to make: Each pumpkin takes about 8...
A 1/2 cup measuring cup
cellophane wrap (kitchen saran wrap is what I use)
Florist Tape (Found at any florist, craft or garden shop.)
Scissors 

 Take a square of cellophane and lay it over the measuring cup.














Place about seven of the slices standing up all around the edge and one in the middle to hold them in place.















Draw the cellophane wrap up around the candies and use the florist tape to tie it off.  If you have never used florist tape, it gets sticky as you stretch it, so pull it as you make a half inch stem on top.

 Cut the excess cello off.


Take a little more tape and wrap the very top and pinch it closed. 
And Voila!  Cute little treats that won't break the bank!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Visiting from the Blogtoberfest list. I know in Blogtoberfest years this post is very old :-) but I love this idea and had to stop and tell you so. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...