Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Blogtoberfest 4, 2013

Good morning!  Look what we saw a few weeks ago!  Triplets!  Its the start of deer season around here, so I hope and pray for these creatures.  I just don't want to think about it!


This is different for me - blogging in the morning.  Actually I am eating breakfast while I type!  With First Fridays after work today, I didn't know if I would have time later to blog, so since I packed up the car with art last night, and the pooch has been out, I am ordering lunch today so I don't have to make one now, so I can multi-task and blog as I eat!

I am not a morning person.... getting me coherent in the morning usually takes mass quantities of coffee, and there hasn't been time to do that yet, other than a couple sips, so hopefully this blog will still be understandable.  Funny that my word of the year is sunshine, then, right?? (yeah, who picked that one???)

So, wanted to report back on the tile class....
They gave us a run down on the tile company, the founder, the history, what they do... then gave us a 4x4 pc of square clay and stamps and tools and things we could poke in to design with, I started with a stamp that I didn't like much, but since I impressed it deep, had to work with.  I made it look like a pot of tulips, but on the ride home, thought of a bazillion things that I could have done instead.  Thats me though... can't think when I am being tested, but thoughts flood in later!
Anyway, the whole class was done in one hour.  And the way that THEY do those tiles is definitely not the way we did them.  Would I do it again?  Sure.  With friends, and dinner and wine after.

First Fridays has me set up at a Hydroponics supply place tonight... and good weather is predicted. 

Well, breakfast is gone, I have makeup to do and shoes to put on, and 10 to get on the road.  Have a great day and will see you back here tomorrow!

1 comment:

Let me know what you think...