Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Blogtoberfest 6, 2013

It's Sunday.
It's supposed to be a day of rest, but for those of us who work all week, the weekend is catch up.  There is laundry, housekeeping, bill paying, and you try to find a little fun and R&R too.

I am hoping to work in a little art time today, but I am in a creative slump.  I have tried to do a different technique just to jar something loose in the creative road block that I am into right now.  I didn't even have anything new to show at First Fridays this month, but I really couldn't take the shed I did, or the painting I did for my sister, (although she probably would have let me borrow it), and my friend Ellen DID offer her painting of Tootsie that I have done new, but I displayed all my animals last time, and wanted to display something different this time.


SO, with all due apologies to Jenny Horne, whose work I adore, I tried to do a technique that she has mastered, and I don't even get to lukewarm with....


This is painted over a painting that I painted the LAST time I was in a creative slump. So you see the dots in the middle that was from the last painting.... (I find its a perfect use for those paintings I am not in love with. Hopefully you don't do your best work with texture coming through from the last painting.  Been there, done that.)

But that mindblock just might be the Universe's way of saying that its time to pay attention to the house and the garden and to kick me out of the art room for awhile. (all of the above COULD use the attention, actually) (Heck, even my ARTROOM could use a little organization... when I am creating: 'I got no time for dat!')

Somewhere in the recesses in my mind I remember my mom saying 'Work Before Play'.  I guess this is a good time to do just that.  Have a happy Sunday everyone!
Signed, Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...