Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Blogtoberfest 15, 2013



My handle here on the blog is PAINTONMYCLOTHES and just in case you haven’t read back to one of my very first blogs, its appropriate because, I have cold weather clothes, warm weather clothes, pajamas, socks, shoes and sandals, and a couple jackets with paint on them.  Safe to say, I get into my work. And winter or summer, I can paint!

At any given time, you might pull in my drive and catch me in my paintclothes.  I might have just put fresh paint on something, and am gardening or vacuuming until it dries, waiting for the second coat.  Or I might have the HOPE to get into some paint, and I am looking for a break in the schedule.  My friends who love me, understand my attire.  Some even applaud it!  I end up explaining it to every new Schwan’s guy though.

Recently, one of my old pair of sweatpants, that I have worn for painting for YEARS, had finally been worn clean through.  Its time to give them up, and make them into paint rags.  But before I tear them up into paint rags I want to pay a little homage and try to identify some of the paint on them. 

The pink metallic is from the little girls bedroom that I painted.

There is lots and lots of primer / gesso white.

Some of that paint is just wall paint from when we added on to the house and was painting it for the first time.

There is texture paint that went on the back porch steps.  There are enamels, and primers, and acrylics and fabric paints….

There is block paint from the basement of my mothers house that we had to paint before we could put it up for sale.

There is barn red.  Hmmmm….. where did I do that color?

Yellows and blues and greens, OH MY!

These read like a diary, they have witnessed some of the best and worst work I have done.  They have been through a lot of therapy during some bumpy parts of my life with me.

There is some square inches on these that don’t even bend!  They might be bullet proof there.

I DO have other clothes to paint in…that isn’t the point.  I just have to say goodbye to something that has been chronicling a part of my life for a while.  Just before I tear them up and recycle them again into paintrags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...