Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday, Blogtoberfest 5, 2013

Funny thing...
I was reading something in a magazine (was it Oprahs?) the other day about mandalas, and thought they looked intriguing.  So I got online to read up on them a little.  I read things about therapy and how you draw a circle, and draw whatever you feel like drawing, within.  This circle takes a snapshot of your psyche at the very time of the drawing of said mandala. So you are to go with the flow, and just doodle what you want and at the end, notice what colors you picked, and what you think the design meant to you once done. If there is something in it that isn't exactly right, it is not meant to be right.

So I thought I would try it!  For those of you who are squeemish, be assured, the snapshot of my psyche is not as bad as I thought it might be...  and I will analyze it right here before your eyes, never done before...
OK, the analyzation... What this means to me....I think the colors show that I make do with what I have, because in the box of colored pencils, this red and blue, had the most 'tip' on them and I knew I could draw with them longer than all the other colors. (does that mean Practical? or Lazy enough not to go get a sharpener? would I have used other colors? not necessarily, so lets go with Practical.)  The pattern seems to be somewhat unbalanced and my drafters eye says I need to get my drafting tools out next time.... or perhaps, its the unbalanced part of my psyche. (teehee, I will let YOU decide...)  Although the imperfections are supposed to mean something too.  So, I am imperfect!  I have to deal with that!  The hearts might be significant, as my nuclear family; my hubby, our two sons and myself, I suppose, and as the 'compass points' the boys are north and west from us these days. (The one north is WAY north and the shorter 'arrow' might be UP and over) Way too far for Mama, but has to be for now.  There is an eye, I see now, in the middle of the pattern with leaves coming out, maybe Gods all seeing eye/universe/nature watching over all of us? Now that I look further, there are 4 eyes with leaves in the circle between us all, we keep an eye on each other over the distance?  OMG, maybe I hit something, because I just teared up.  The design around the outside might be the repetition of everyday life.
Wow!  those mandalas are good!  I just now saw the red dots on one side.  Was I not supposed to finish that, then?  Have no idea what those signify... my side of the equation? idk.

I didn't analyze it the other day and the next day started another one.

I think this was just for fun, because it is too symmetrical, and I don't feel inclined to color it.  I see those four hearts and the compass points yet though.


Funny thing... after I did these, I saw mandalas on a couple blogs I read. Do they subscribe to Oprah magazine too, or I suppose, they are not a revelation thought up by the Oprah folks- they have been around for years.  It just seemed funny that I read about them, did some, and then saw them on blogs all within 24 hours of each other. This is one of those coincidences that make you wonder if the universe is trying to tell  you something.

From time to time, I think I should do this again.   Maybe everyone should do this once or twice or everyotherday.

Have you ever tried it?  What are your thoughts on mandalas?  Have you done any?  Will you try it now?  There... a blog thought seed... see what you can do with it!

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed drawing and colouring in mandalas and zentangles over the past couple of months, I've found it to be very relaxing and a non-stressful form of art/creative expression. I've never really analysed any of mine but it would be interesting as the same shapes keep recurring.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...