Saturday, October 4, 2014

Blogtoberfest 4,2014

OMG, its the 4th day of Blogtoberfest and I am just getting my first post up!  Lots of catching up to do!
I did have a great reason for being late.  On the first and second of October, I was at Artprize in Grand Rapids Michigan where all I did was take in great art and wonderful inspiration!  Loaded up on the creative juices:
Yesterday, was back to work and welcoming both of our sons home for the weekend.  It was homecoming and it was fun going with the guys to that.  Got home just before it rained. 

Its early here this morning and the family is still sleeping.  I am usually up at this hour, so of course, on the morning I CAN sleep in, I am up with the chickens.  Go figure!

Here is just a small taste of Artprize and things that made me go, "WWOOOOWWW~!"  I will share more in upcoming posts. 



I wondered if I was an exhibitor in Artprize how would I feel about my work being used in peoples blogs?  I suppose that is what its for, to share and promote.  The Artprize competition gives out big monetary prizes for winners picked by the people that view it.  Yep, thats you and me! So if your work has appealed to the masses, thats good, right?  Its not that I want to steal the ideas, although it does inspire, but if you make something as breath-taking as most of it is, then I would think it would be a high compliment!  You have done your job!  I hope they don't mind that I share with people who can't be there to see it for themselves.

While visiting in Grand Rapids, I take in all the sites, not just the art, but there are many old buildings there that have great architectural lines. They just don't build them like that anymore.  If they can preserve and maintain them, send up a cheer... so some of my pics from there look like this:



Just think... these buildings had art built right in.  And it came before electronics.  Before power tools.  Drawn out on paper and built by hand. Look at the craftsmanship.  Most of the pretty parts are wayyyy above eye level.  These buildings are old enough to have seen bad storms, stood in the snow, wind and rain, seen economic ups and downs, been left to decompose and brought back to life.  I find them interesting and it may be my background in drafting and building but without art in the world the world would not have been as pretty.  Look at the sleek structure in the background of that last picture.  Pretty in its own way, but lacking in personality.  The older buildings have character.  Funny we have the technology to make buildings prettier easier, and we don't use it for that.

ART IS EVERYWHERE!

OK, because I am making up for lost time, this is a looonnng blogpost. 

 Last thing that is on my film reel from my trip, is signs.  I love a clever sign.  I will share some with you throughout this Blogtoberfest, but let me post some of the ones from this trip.  I always try to find humor in my day, and sometimes the sign writers just fill that need.  If it makes me laugh, I snap a pic of it!



Well, hope that is three days worth.  I will try to make up more a little later today.   Hope you enjoyed my trip, and you can excuse me for being late.  Make it a good day, peeps.  Stay tuned!





1 comment:

  1. Love all your photos, thanks for sharing them with us and thanks for joining in with BlogtoberFest 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...