Friday, October 17, 2014

Blogtober 17, 2014

The artwork is dropped off for the exhibition tomorrow night.   The theme is The Human Condition and the Human Form, and is not for the prissy.  But the art I saw tonight when I was there, was very tastefully done.  It should be a good exhibition.  One night only.

I have become very interested in fire houses.  Maybe because I have been married to a fireman/EMT for the last 32 years.  He will be on the local department for 38 years this year.  During our trip to ArtPrize we were noticing all the old neighborhood fire houses that have now been re-purposed into other things.  I love old buildings that have been refurbished, but if you've been reading this blog a while, I guess you know that. 

During ArtPrize they allowed people to go into an old grand hotel that has been abandoned for decades, and misused but is now under new ownership and will be made into something wonderful again.  Here are just a couple of shots from within...

ANYWAY... I digress...

Firehouses.  That's what I was starting to say.  SO, when I find them, I am going to pen and ink them. I have one done from near ArtPrize...

And I did this one of the old fire house in my hometown, a few years back:
Love the character in those old buildings.  What stories they could tell!!

The day is waning and I've had a long day.  Going to call this blog done and hit the hay.  Good night, and as always, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...