Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blogtober 15, 2014


Ok I have a little bit of time, so I am going to throw you a couple more Art Prize pieces that I thought were awesome..
 This mural on linen is in a hair salon.  It is about 25 feet long and are life-sized paintings of animals that are on the endangered species list and at risk of becoming extinct.  The animals are all as if falling, one assumes, to their demise.   This piece was so big, I couldn't get a good pic anywhere.  We were able to talk to the artist, as she was still working on it, and she just wanted to bring the extinction of these beautiful animals to the forefront of everyone's mind.  She was telling us that there is a desert mouse whose numbers have dwindled to only four to carry on the species.  Her art made you think.  And it was beautifully well done.

 This clown was just a piece of a much bigger display, but as you can see, was the best part of the display. 

Tomorrow night I am renting studio space to copy a lot of my paintings.  The night after, setting up the exhibition.  And Saturday night is the exhibition.
Lots of fun coming up!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...