Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Blogtober six

Its been one, long, day.

The surgery went well, now to get on with the healing business.  Thank you God and angels above.
Things I have learned today:

Having someone just sit with you while in the waiting room is something I will be doing for the next person.  It means a BUNCH.  I didn't think I needed anyone.  I was all big in my big girlie pants, but man, it was nice when my sister and my cousin showed up just to sit with me.  I will pass along the favor to the next friend or family member that needs me there.  Whether they want me or not.

There is nothing better than hearing the words, "Everything went fine!"

I am grateful that technology is able to take the pain away and he can up the quality of his life.

Coming home to a quiet house is way too quiet and I don't want to do this on a regular basis.

Never will I underestimate the power of good thoughts and prayer.  I am overwhelmed at the people on Facebook that prayed for us even when they didn't know what for. (I just asked for prayers without a reason until I knew it was ok with him to publicize) After, I am touched with the people that messaged us and just made conversation.   Some you wouldn't expect.

A good laugh or a good conversation from our boys is priceless for recouperation, especially when they are too far away to be there in person and calling their visits in.

Now its decompression time.  I have a cold, adult beverage and I am in for the night.  I know he is trying to sleep with the stat-taking, poking and prodding nurses, but in good hands.


I will continue to pray for others: Shells, Bob, Willie, Dave, Matt, Tamie and family, and Marv's family, wishing them all comfort.

I believe my beverage needs refreshing and I want to just chill the rest of this evening.  To all that read this: may your lives be blessed.

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...