Sunday, October 4, 2015

Blogtober four

I wondered about doing Blogtober because, in two days, The Hubs, is going in for surgery.  He needs a total hip replacement.  Actually, he needed it a while ago, but its now gotten very bad.  So life will be pretty busy for me in the next few.

I am trying to catch up on a lot of things, like finish up the art I need to, so I can be available for nurse duty.  I can't wait til he feels better again!  He has to be off the ibuprofen that works for him for this week prior to surgery, so I know he is gritting his teeth more than usual now.

I need to clean the house for the company and 'help' that will probably be coming in.  Groceries are bought, Laundry is done.  Today is a chilly, cloudy, breezy fall day, and after having breakfast with my siblings and siblinginlaws, doing a little shopping and a farmers market, we are both kinda crashing at home for a bit right now.

He has been flipping between the ball game, (last one of the season) and the Nascar race, and then I hear him snore.  Next I know, he's flipping the channels again.

Actually, once I get the Baby Shower present done, I think I am done with art until further notice.  Although I may sketch a bit in the next few days. 

I started the baby shower project yesterday.  I dragged out my airbrush, blew the dust off of it and started painting.  I am using the airbrush because its going to be a canvas hamper for the nursery.  Because its collapsible, I didn't want to put thick paint that may crack off one day, not that I expect them to collapse it on a regular basis, but because its so movable.

Well, airbrushing takes practice.  I love airbrushing, but I haven't practiced it in a while.  I am now at the point that I either have to patch and make what I have done, WORK, or go out and buy another hamper and start over.  I stopped when I got frustrated so getting back to it will take a bit of effort.  Cleaning up messes isn't as fun as creating!

I guess I can leave this blog with an artistic thought though:
Enjoy whats left of the weekend!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...