Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday February 22, 2015

Last fall, a local policeman died in an accident.  Last night, a Police vs Firemen Basketball game was played to raise funds for a scholarship fund in the Policeman's name.  There is a brotherhood amongst the Firemen and Police.  They do for their own.  We have both in our family and the communities supported the event WELL.

In addition to the game last night, there was a silent auction, 50/50 raffles, and a local car dealer put up a two year free lease on a car.

I think I told you about the large painting that my hubby wanted me to do recently. (Jan.18th blog). I know Hubs liked it because he posted on his page and showed his friend whose backyard it was. When the subject came up about what to donate to the silent auction, he asked if I would mind if that's what he did with it.  I said lets frame it first, and run it past the backyard owner, and we did.



The person who won the bid got a deal, I know it got a good home, and it went to a great cause.  Makes my day. Win, win, win!

Remember a while back, I stopped at a garage sale and bought a small wooden rocking horse and a metal sun?  I re-painted the metal sun ages ago and sent it to my friend Terri.  The wooden horse, that I originally stopped for in the first place has never gotten past the initial strip down, prime and paint.  SO, instead of one more thing in my art room taking up space, I am painting that now.  Going with kind of a carousel - type idea.  It'll be fancy!

My agenda is getting the horse done and organizing the art room, (every time I go in there to do it, I start doing something fun instead of putting things back that need to be organized!  'SQUIRREL!').  I don't believe I am in any swaps at this time, or have any kind of artsy deadline, or have signed up for anything!  Free free free!


Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...