Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015 last day of facebookartchallenge



A little pen and ink, a little colored pencil and a little acrylic paint. 

I have been checking out some avenues and attending a class about marketing your art.   Supposively when you apply to display your art work you should only show one medium.   How boring. 

Another idea that I heard was keep colors 'the same' so people can notice your work at a glance. Again, that sounds boring to me.  But then, that is all marketing. 

I guess I still can't do art with the sole purpose of making money with it.  So, thats ok.  I seem to be listening to people that say I need to sell.  Maybe I need to listen to people less.

Another thing I heard was that people left good 40 hr a week jobs to do art.  That sounds nice, but to make money at that, you must do x amount of bookwork, (applications to galleries, bios, artist statements, record keeping, receipts, and filing of taxes)  that will take half your time.  Then, arrange framing, carting it to galleries, shows, packing it all up, drive and travel time, etc, etc, etc.

Because there are sooo many canvasses in my art room, and there are some better than others, I  am going to gesso over some and paint over them.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...