Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saturday, Valentines Day, 2015

Its a very cold, make that DANGEROUSLY cold, snowy, blowy Saturday.  (Wind Chills to -30F) My poor hubby is delivering flowers for the flower shop today.  I just sent him out the door with hot coffee and a kiss to keep him warm.

I haven't got any new art this week.  I was working all week on a bake sale at work.  The only creative thing about that is, is that I wrapped my small sized loaves of banana, poppy seed, and applesauce spice breads in these that I found on Pinterest.
They were fun, quick and easy to do.   Credit given to Shakentogethers blogspot.  I punched holes and threaded ribbon through, all around, to keep it together though.  But I love the tags on hers!  I just made address labels on the computer for mine.  I didn't take the time to make a pattern or cut.  I just envisioned the bottom of the small pan on the flat of the plate, folded all sides up, pinched the corners in and hole punched through the side and the pinched corner, and even if I was a little off, there was enough give to allow the pan  to drop down in the wrap.  Easy peasy and seat-of-my-pants quick.


In the DLP 52 Art Journal group I am in, I got into the Just One Word swap.  If you follow this blog you know what the Just One Word is all about.  Methinks I lucked out, as my swap partners word is FAITH.  A dozen things run through my mind and today is the perfect day to get-er-dun!  I also have gotten into a Pay It Forward for 5 people on FB and need to get those finished and out.

And secretly, I did another 'Pay-It-Forward' by hanging this at work..



 I found it online, printed it off, cut on the lines and hung it up in the breakroom before everyone came to work.  By lunch there were several missing already!  Who doesn't need compliments!

Everyone needs to learn something new everyday.   Yesterday, I learned what all the talk was about dark chocolate dipped strawberries and red wine.  Oh my, how yummy! So THATS why you see it in the movies!!  Decadence is not usually in my ho-hum vocabulary.  I think I liked it, as the song goes.

So, that is what I have been up to this week.  I wish you all a very Happy Valentines Day! Hug those you love, because there are no guarantees in life.  Call 'em if you haven't talked lately.  Make a date to get together with those you miss.  JUST. DO. IT.

Stay warm and stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...