Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Oh, my, its been awhile!  I won't bore you with where I have been but will take a quick run-through just in case you care:

We went to an Artist Garage sale where hundreds of artists who do all the shows sell their leftovers to make room for new stuff for the upcoming season.  Bought a few little things.

Had a terrible cold for the last 5 days and hoping I am now coming out of it.

The weather has warmed up 50 degrees!  It's a whole whopping 30 degrees C today!!!  Spring is definitely looking our way!

At work, there was a huge layoff last Thursday.  It was unannounced and it was a very nerve wracking day.  The rest of us who were not let go, (which, thank you God! I am left this time)(as opposed to the last job I had where I was let go, in very much the same way) are busy trying to take up the slack and fill in and squeeze more work into our schedules. Hard times means hard measures. Just thankful that I am gainfully employed!

Painted this:

It was really a different challenge for me and shortly after I posted it to show my friends, one of them wanted to buy it for a friend of hers that just had brain surgery.  I couldn't think of a better place for it.   I was trying new collage-y backgrounds and for some reason, while I was painting something else, I looked over at it and swirled the angel on it. My friend who is buying it said she thinks its just perfect as the colors used in it were her friends favorites!  I consider that destiny.

I have had some ideas, creatively, but the art room is a mess and will need to be cleaned and organized before I can go do anything. That's just enough of a deterrent.  But I suppose I shall.  Work before play, and all that!

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...