Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 22, 2015

Happy Spring!


I am reminded, recently, just how 'fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants' I am, and how others may or may not be.  I heard once that people are either planners, or they aren't.  I never have been.  I like going on vacation and seeing where we end up.  I don't want to have to BE somewhere at a certain time, and not be able to stop and take a picture or check out a new place we have found.  Explore! After all, vacation is supposed to be deviating from the schedule, right?

Yes, sometimes that does come back to bite you.  Not often, and weighed against the fun you had getting there, not always a big bite, but have we wanted to stop for the night, and not found a place?  Yes.  Twice.
Twice out of the many miles we have put under our wheels.

Have we tried planning ahead and had a snafu when we have gotten to the hotel and had to take whatever they had.  Yes. Probably twice.  And we probably drove like mad to get there!!

My point is, we can lay out the best plans and they can be thwarted at the last minute.  Or you can go with the flow, and come out with the same result, with a lot less stress.  My friend said its stressful for her NOT to have a plan.  I understand. 

I have also heard that there are people who are good at the overall scope of things and there are detail people.  I tend to be the Overall type, I guess, because I let others usually handle the details.  And thank goodness there ARE people that do DETAILS.  I tend to skip over those sometimes because I am looking at other facets of the scope.

And yet, the oxymoron is, that my art to this point tends to be more realistic. More detail-ish, though I enjoy seeing someone elses good impressionistic painting, and especially if it has a story.  My art lacks the looseness and the story, so I am heading off in that direction for awhile to see what that brings.  No goal in mind, but will stop along the way and enjoy the journey.   Journey with a Story.   Guess thats why there is need for a blog!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...