Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17. 2015

 

 HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Andy McGee, a very talented guitar player, (check him out on You Tube) made a great point today:

"You could have someone tweet you that they drove 42 miles in the rain for a show and it was the best concert they've been to in years while at the same time having someone post on your wall that you have no melodies and your music is completely unlistenable. And both went to the same show!
If you're in the arts, you've got to let what's inside out. It won't resonate with everyone and if you achieve some measure of success, you will become a target for others resentment and frustration.
But on the other hand, your work will mean something to some people. Maybe many, maybe few. And if you can affect even one person in a positive way with your creations, then you have succeeded as an artist."

I haven't done much 'art' but have been in a crafty mood lately.  I am making coasters and painting the rocking horse yet.  Have to.  Until I get it done, there is no way I can do much else in there. 

We went over to check out the new craft store.  Its nice, and I picked up a new sketch book, a 5x7 art journal that I swear I am going to try to use more often.  In fact, I have done one, and left room for the other art journal prompts I have already missed.

 I put together a Pie Day for Pi Day (3.1415.....) at work and raised a bunch for Underwearness for the homeless children in our county.  It went great!

Today I was asked to add some creativity to an event we have had in this community and seems to have needed a shot in the arm.  I have until Thursday to decide. 

The weather has started to get warmer, and there is plenty to do outside.  I think I need the hiatus. 

Hope you had a great St. Pattys Day!  Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...