Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday March 29, 2015 Palm Sunday

Good Sunday morning to you!

Many things come to mind this morning...

One:  Fifty years ago on Palm Sunday (which actually happened on April 11, 2015 that year) three tornadoes came close to here and devastated some surrounding communities.  I was young, but remember a scary night and lots of talk of the devastation for days.  It wasn't until a few years ago, when I picked up a book written by a (now) friend, about the timeline of that night, that I can understand how really devastating it was.  Fifty years later, my heart is going out to those families affected.  I am also aware of the people who have made things so much better now, with early warnings and alarm systems, that make life better for us now.  Bless them.

Two: Easter is next week.  It was a special day in The Hubs' family, with a big Easter dinner after church.  We will bring out Grandma's special plates and invite family over for a feast.  Yum!

Three:  I am touched by a fellow artist who did a very beautiful thing for me yesterday.  I am sure she earned another feather in her wings.  Thank you Mary.  I can't actually tell you here what she did but I am very thankful for her generosity today.

Four:  Monthly challenge accepted and conquered.  My comfort level with painting cars and horses was tested this week by a request by a friend to put a car on a freshly and beautifully made roller skating box for his grandson.  This man is an artist with his woodworking and he asked me, (gulp) to paint on his art to complete the birthday gift to his grandson.  So, one wrong move and the gift is ruined.  He picked it up today and was thrilled with it. So, I was out of the comfort zone this week, and I am quickly getting back in it now, thankyouverymuch.   Here is the finished product;
He says he has two more grandkids he is making these boxes for, and asked me to paint on those too.  As long as they aren't cars or horses, I am good with it.  I know my limits.

Five:  The summer schedule is starting to fill in and I am getting excited about some of the upcoming things I am hearing about.  Now if the weather would just shape up!

Six: Habitat for Humanity is asking for artists to paint doors out of their Restore shop to auction off for a fundraiser.  I have my request in for the voucher to get my door.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...