Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday May 10, 2014


Don't you just love this?^^

This week I gave the Poppy painting to my American Legion Auxiliary to auction off for their Poppy days for Memorial Days.  It seemed the thing to do.  I am always asked for a donation so, hopefully this will bring more than I might have given monetarily anyways.

The Boys in Da Band has been delivered to the silent auction for my friends nephew.

And  this, "Blue Skies and Seas"
has been donated to Circle of Art for the silent auction for local foodbanks. 
http://www.circle-of-art.net/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2027 

I sometimes get flamed for giving my art away.  But if I give it to something that does something good for someone else, isn't that a good thing?  If it might be able to 'up the ante' to the monetary donation that I felt I could give, isn't THAT a good thing?  God gave me a gift.  I am using it for good.  I think God and I are good wid dat.

You know that human form challenge I previously mentioned?  I have had a million ideas shooting around in my head.  Finally decided on a background, so I did that.  Then subject matter, so plotted that out, now, how to paint the subject matter.. (did you hear brakes screetching?)  As I am using an ad I saw in a magazine for inspiration, the form is close, but must make it my own. (Not MY form, hell no!)  but make the painting unrecognizable.  (well, not ABSTRACT, but you know what I mean).
Huge canvas can be intimidating, but exciting at the same time.

I told you about the round robin art project I am doing.  I received the first pages!  (They are a beautiful background that reminds me of water.)  I have absolutely no training on art journaling, so I really hope these ladies don't think I mess things up.  But that's how I have learned art, by the seat of my pants, jump in with both feet without knowing if its right or wrong.  I just hope I am not inflicting it on others.  It will be a good experiment.  I have added my additions and it goes out to the next person today.  

Well, its Mothers Day weekend.  I miss my Mom.  And my boys won't be home til next weekend, so off to the Wine Fest with the girls!  (Hubs is helping the flower shop deliver flowers for Mother's Day!)  There is also an art exhibit some friends are in that I need to get to today.  Then tomorrow, (this weekend is probably the first weekend halfway decent weather-wise) we are putting together the new grill and I have a few big projects that need to be done OUTSIDE, so maybe can get to one or more of those.

Stay tuned!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...