Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday May 19, 2014

I didn't realize its been almost a week since I blogged!  Where does the time go?

The weather was nasty for a couple days, but the weekend was nice, especially since my boys were both home.  Sunday was a beautiful day and the boys were able to keep the family tradition to go out to our 4 cemeteries in our township and put flags on all the veterans graves.  Its something my father-in -law did since he came home from the Korean war, and Hubs helped him, and when we had boys, they were invited along.  My father-in-law passed away in 2006 and Hubs and the boys keep doing it in his footsteps.  Its tradition.


Anyway, in my effort to keep my New Years Rez of using up the things I have around here, I have finished and sold this:
Made from from a piece of bead board in the garage.  It measures about 20x32 and if I can find another piece of that, I want to make another.  For me. 

Our First Fridays committee has had a contest to design a flag for businesses to hang out when they have an artist displaying.  So anyone walking downtown knows right where the art is.  It was to portray the art, music, performing arts, and the Maple City, of which the town is nicknamed.
 However, I got the deadline mixed up and it was LAST week.  Dang.  So did it for naught. Oh well.

Then a friend of ours asked if we could make a set of corn hole boards.  For those of you who don't know the game, its like horseshoes, but with beanbags and you shoot for the hole in the board:
Then it must be painted in the colors of choice.  Usually with your favorite college or pro teams on it. And the bean bags must be made to match.   So, Hubs built them to the online instructions that we found and the worst part about the whole thing is making the corn bags.  I paint.  I don't sew. At this writing the boards are primer-ed, and I will be painting as weather allows this week.

Then one of the local Lake Associations has a first Annual Art Festival coming up.  They are selling these oars to artists to paint and donate back for a silent auction to get this festival going. Here is my naked oar.  I hope I can do it justice.


So, plenty to keep busy with,  you'll just have to stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...