Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2013

Can I just say.... BURP!?!

I know that seems rude, but someone once told me that was a compliment to the chef in another country. (disclaimer)

OMGoodness, it was good, and I only have half my tastebuds working!  On a day like Thanksgiving, its a bummer to be without your sense of taste and smell, but we have had worse Thanksgivings, and my cold is just temporary.  Today was good.

I wish that everyone had the ability to have Thanksgiving.  Those alone, or hungry especially.  I remember visiting in the hospital on Thanksgiving and the nurses put roasted turkey pictures on the IV bottles.  Bless their hearts!

There are people serving our country, and serving our municipalities as fire, rescue and police personnel that may not be able to sit down to eat with us.  Nurses, doctors, veterinarians, and those who need to keep on alert in case we need them, I hope they all get a nice warm meal when they get a chance.

My wish is for everyone to get their bellies full, with a full table of friends and family.  Let no one sit at home alone, or go hungry.  Let those that serve get a hot meal and a salute and a bowl of gratitude to go with that meal.

I am grateful for the family that sat around the table with me today.  My heart is full of the love I have for each and every one of them.  The food was delish and we have some left for days to come!
We remember those who were no longer with us, but shared that table and food with us once.  My brother was far away and couldn't be with us this year, but he called in his visit and we passed the phone around so we all got to talk to him.

I am grateful that this year has been good, as I know a few that haven't been, and if it seems I am bragging its just that I am feeling blessed that its been good.  Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Let me know what you think...