Friday, November 22, 2013

Gratitude Days 21 and 22

Dang.
Missed a day.  Doesn't mean that I wasn't grateful for something yesterday, but meant that the day wasn't long enough to get it done.

Yesterday we found out that something we had been waiting for since August finally happened.  I am not at liberty to say what, but it relieves a burden of sorts.  And we are grateful that it finally happened.




Todays gratitude:  I am grateful that our son traveled home ok tonight, despite the start of holiday traffic.


I liked this sign I found on pinterest because that is exactly what I am trying to do here.  I see people giving the "daily gratitudes" an eye roll on FB and elsewhere now.  One said, "the people you always see bitching are the ones trying to show all the gratitude now."  Where I replied: "Isnt it a nice change? "  And I thought Who is bitching now?
But during this month while I have been naming my blessings, I have felt a little 'lighter'.  I always count my blessings, not just in November, but to actually call them out, one by one, it has made a shift in me.  Hopefully its permanent, but its a lighter, more light hearted Lin.  Whodathunkit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...