Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday March 5, 2013


This one could be the theme of children, pets or some of my favorite soccer players.  We all need to Play, Rest and Repeat.  A lot of us could benefit from a little fun and r & r.  This week I am thinking of hot beaches, and getting away. But then, this is true about this time every winter.  I play in my art room, and that never gets old.
This is the other painting of the Lady with The Hat (16x20 this time!) I am so mad at myself.  On the first one, I made the mistake of putting on the 'stripes' in the background with sharpie marker.   A day or two later, not even THINKING, I decided to give it a clear coat.  Probably would have been ok if I would have sprayed it on, but no, I brushed it on.  Needless to say, that marker smeared all over!  I liked the clean fresh look of the stripes -  Hard to do with a brush.   Hubs says he likes it better smeared a bit.  Oh well.  Have cleared this one before the stripes.  Maybe I will do diagonal stripes? I don't know.  Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...