Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 17th 2013 St Patty's Day

Trying to catch up around the house today.  Will try to catch up to speed here too.

I know I have been telling you about the fundraiser I am heading up... I guess I am ready to reveal what its all about...
At work, at an Activities Committee meeting, I was put in charge of a charity event for Habitat for Humanity.   So, I am doing an ART Birdhouse Auction.  I have found scrap lumber at our Restore Store, and I have the Vocational School Building Trades class making them.  Now I am trying to get artists to either build their own, or get one of ours to paint, decorate, or otherwise embellish to put in the silent auction. All proceeds go to Habitat.  Here is one of the 'nekkid' houses.

I didn't want to exclude some of the artists that do needle work or other art so I am accepting other artwork too, as long as it is bird/birdhouse related!

I am waiting to hear about the venue, before putting out any more advertising, but time is getting short, so I may have to go to a Plan B for the venue.  (Getting a little worried)


I have about 4 ideas running around in my head for the Auction myself...so if I end up decorating them all myself, so be it!

Here is the painting I have been working on for said Auction... I have a few more things to do on it... I tried to collage, but have extra respect for you collage artists... you make it look so easy!  I want to hang a sign off the side of it yet that says something cute, and collage a butterfly in the sky and maybe some more cloudys...

******************
Then for Create Every Day the March assignment is Black and White.  Wasn't sure what to do with THAT, but as I was sitting in a mall last weekend that incidently had a Merry Go Round in it, I saw the zebra on it and BINGO!  There it was.
Again.  Its been a point of frustration.
******************
SO,
also last weekend, I was shopping in this little fun downtown store, and the owner had a beautiful little pup.

I just knew I had to paint that face.
Maybe its the phase of the moon, but things just aren't as easy for my fingers, as it is in my head...
*******************
This is what I am doing with extra paint on my pallet these days.  Painting my paint brushes.  Some of them are so old and worn, but are good friends that have been thru many a painting with me, that the finish has come off the handles.  So, I am painting them back on and giving them a lick of sealer to keep them shiny.  They look like Easter eggs, don't they?
********************************

Anyways...
While I was in the Restore, (that place just has my head spinning with possibilities!!!)  I found an old wooden backboard from an ambulance crew.   They can't use the wood ones anymore, but I am going to do something with it.  Stay tuned for funky there....
********************************
So, I haven't been a slacker, just going in so many directions its taking longer to get anything done!
I failed at the Art A Day thing...  guess I bit off more than I can chew.

But here is something I did this morning as I was playing with pixlr, as I just started messing with that today.
I think I will leave it there, today.... Have a great St. Patricks Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Let me know what you think...