Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 24, 2013 Palm Sunday

Guitarist Andy McKee passed along a favorite quote of his today from guitarist Michael Hedges...I like it too:
"Sometimes the best thing you can do for your guitar is to put it away for awhile. As long as you think, ‘I’ve got to do something new and different,’ then that thought becomes an obstacle. I think the intent is to keep the channel open. The new and exciting stuff is just going to come out of your enthusiasm"
I thought that you can replace the word 'guitar' with the word 'paintbrush' in that.  Sometimes I feel that way.  When creativity is flowing I am very enthusiastic about painting, I find I do a better job and am happier with the results.  
And lately, it just hasn't been happenin'... maybe its the weather or the phase of the moon.  Funny how when I am not inspired to paint that I want to read.  The books pile up just waiting for the day that I wander out of the art room... and I finished two.  The last was "Road to Grace" about a man called Alex Christofferson who loses his wife, his business and home and starts to walk from Seattle to Key West.  I guess this is the third of the series and I didn't know about the first two, but I now have to get them and read them!  
 The other book I have finished is Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander.  Maybe you caught him on Oprah, but he is a world renown Neurosurgeon that contracts a rare form of Meningitis and has a near death experience.  Scientist experiences spirituality and it very interesting reading.
If you get a chance, look up Andy McKee and listen and WATCH him play his guitar.  He is inspiring!  ( I am sorry I don't know Michael Hedges, but I plan on looking him up too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...