Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3,2013

I have joined a group called Creative Every Day.  It seems to be a place that will inspire when I need inspiration, give me some challenges, and if I am not able to participate because of time or creativity constraints, will let me slide.  In a lot of my art, I work from photographs and that seems easy to do.  Every now and then, I work out of my head, and although I don't think its usually as good, I think there is room for expansion in that part of my brain.   This group, and their, for lack of a better word, assignments, I hope will help me exercise that part of my brain to help express what comes from within me.
They have a challenge part that is daily, but I am going to start with the MONTHLY challenges, as I work 40 hours and am taking classes at night, so one per month is more attainable.  And it doesn't feel like its too much to handle.
January 2013 assignment was "DARK".
 I thought about how intimidating the dark can be, and how some of the artists were uncomfortable with the assignment.  Its hard to go to the Dark and I think its our instinct to avoid it.  But when you turn on the LIGHT, (February's assignment) you realize that whatever it was that scared you is nothing in the light. That the unknowing of waiting what is next walking in that door, is going to be OK.
So although, I too, was uncomfortable doing this one, I pulled out my pastels (which I haven't played with in awhile), and put them to board and did this:

I am glad to get this one behind me... and hopefully, LIGHT will be easier to deal with. 

Ok, I am walking away from the dark now.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think...