Saturday, December 13, 2014

twelve thirteen fourteen

Today is Twelve Thirteen Fourteen.  That's the last day this century that will happen, with all the numbers in succession like that.  Realizing that just gave this day an air of specialness!  Especially since I won't be around for the next one.   The last one was before my Mother was born and my Grandma was 14.  Wow.  That puts it in perspective!


I haven't been doing a lot of art lately, and yet, I have been doing some crafty stuff. 
Nothing really braggable, mostly experimental.  I am going to a friends paint and wine party tonight.  They are really popular here right now.  Open a bottle of wine, and paint a canvas: girls night out.

I have done a couple swaps in my art journal group, and I apologize to those ladies.  I don't know if I just don't understand the art journaling well enough or I just have my head elsewhere. I think they are getting the dull end of the swap. The stuff they send me is gorgeous, but not sure what I will do with it.  But the dining table is full of that stuff as I keep trying to follow the crowd.  I think my calling might be elsewhere.

Christmas is going to be at my house this year which means the dining table has to be cleaned off, much to The Hubs' joy.   SO, I have to make room in the art room for it.  Oh boy.

My goal for the weekend is to organize the art room better.  Make room in there for the stuff on the dining room table and get the house spiffed up a little.  I may need more than the weekend!

I have been thinking about my ONE WORD for the New Year.  You know, you choose one word that resonates with you for the whole year and usually, the word picks you.  I believe I have found mine.  I will share it once I declare it for sure, but this one is following me around and not leaving anytime soon.

Last year, 2013, I chose the word SUNSHINE because it made me feel good and lifted my spirits.  This year, I chose it again, thinking I didn't want to let it go yet.  I liked that.  But it was a used word, and felt second hand and didn't end up having the magic it did the first year.  It was harder to use.  So, lesson learned:  the word needs to be new.
 See, don't these just make you feel like sunshine?  Looking out my winter window, I could use some sunshine before I have to give this word up for the year.

Well, I shall post the results of tonights party.  For now, I have taken a long enough break for lunch and have to get back to the art room.  (Fibber McGee's closet for those of you that knows what that is.)

Note to Rebecca:  I ended up putting the bow on the wreath, and it did come in tied for second in the voting.  The one that won was a FROZEN themed one.  Thanks for your comment!  I appreciate all comments!

Have a great sunshiney successive numbered day out there everyone:  Make it something special!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I would have voted for it. :-)

    Hmm, a word for 2015. I didn't choose my 2014 word until the middle of January. Have to put that in my brain for consideration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, like I said, sometimes it picks you... be aware of what word is following you.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...