Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 30, 2014

I am off from work this week, and at least I got through Christmas without being sick.  I think the last two, I have been, and I waited until yesterday to come down with a sinus 'thang' with a cough.  There were several people at work that were sick last week and I was hoping I wasn't going to catch it for the holidays.  I don't seem to have what they had, so I am not going to blame them, but its damn considerate of me, I think, to use my already-off time to be sick! 

That being said, I have time for art, because even when you were a kid, home from school, wid a code in da nodes, (sniff) you could color and draw, right?  I was in training wayyy back then!

Although now, it is interrupted to change batches of laundry and to make sure the dog goes out.  The difference between being a kid and an adult.

We had a green Christmas this year and the sun is shining brightly today, with beautiful blue skies.  I saw something on Facebook today that said, "Christmas is over, I am ready for Spring!" and that about sums up where I sit.

When Hubs and I were first married, I found a Christmas Journal (in one of those magazines that you get a million of at Christmas), and bought it with our name printed on the front of it.  We have been faithful in filling it in every year with facts about the Christmas, the synopsis of the year, and our hellos and goodbyes that the year held.  In fact, when we filled up our first book and I couldn't find another one, I made another, and some for friends.  We love going through it and reading about when we were just starting out, then when the kids came along, and the rundown of what each year held.   Today, I am going to fill it in for this year, we usually do it on Christmas Day.

Another thing I forgot to do this year is on Christmas Eve, is, we usually put out luminaries.  Must be that Green Christmas that we had that just didn't quite feel like Christmas. Well, its one for the books!  Literally! 

I found this online, and I like the blank slate part.  Blank canvas waiting for colors!  Endless possibilities!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...