Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ask and you shall receive.

As you know, my creativity has a pulse, but is unresponsive.  I have a week and a half to do something that someone would bid on.  I started, and yes, there were flutters of life in the creativity side of my brain, and I'm hoping to see improvement sometime soon.  Getting to it for a little bit tonight.

I have been contemplating not painting anymore.  My art room is such a mess.  Been asking myself what my kids would do with all of it someday anyway.  Then today, this lady is what I see.  OK. I was starting to compare myself to other more accomplished artists, which is totally unlike me.  I love looking at other peoples art, and my advice to any other artist is "don't compare yourself to others. Do what is in you."  Need to take my own advice.

I was supposed to have a piece in an exhibition tonight. I had another appointment after work and couldn't commit to going.  I went to pick up last months showings and drop off this months art last Saturday.  They were closed.  So the artwork has been in the back of my car ever since.  I totally forgot to run it down on my lunch hour, (and also another errand I should have run) and it didn't have hanging equipment on the back of the art anyway.  So, it didn't get there.

I wish I could kick this creative funk. Ebbs and flows, ebbs and flows.  It'll be back, probably with a vengeance.  Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...