Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday August 25th, 2013

I can't believe summer is slipping away so fast!

I didn't get some things done that I wanted to, but then, I have to give myself a break; there is only so much time.  Next weekend is Labor Day weekend already!  Then school is in and fall sets in.  A few trees have already started to turn to fall colors already, here.  The things at the farmers market are ahead of schedule and the wet spring gave us lots of juicy fruits and veggies this year.  Very tasty.

There is a winery near here that has had bands on Friday nights for about three years now and we get the schedule of activities in the spring every year and say we are going to go, and never have.  Well, last night on a last minute whim, we went.  It was a beautiful summer night, and we caught the last set of the band. There were tables under a large pergola with grapevines running all over it  and an outside bar for your wine and cheese and snacking needs.  Note to self:  grab friends and go again next year.
These looked so good, hanging from the open rafters above our table, and I could just imagine painting them!  Aren't they gorgeous?  And they make great wine too!

The tasting room is in an old one room school house and the proprietors have made this country school so quaint...
I could see this painted too.

And as the band played the last song, and said goodbye, the day was saying goodnight too:

Ahhh... summer.  My favorite season.  I'm not ready to say goodbye!  I have enjoyed the long days, warm weather, and the adventures that can only be enjoyed in the summer... the picnics and reunions, the beach and the watermelon!  And, no, it isn't just the wine talkin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...