Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 3, 2013


Happy August!  This summer is going fast!  So many fun things to do in the summer I am sure thats the reason it flies! Its my very favorite season.

I haven't done much art since I last wrote, but sometimes you just have to do the HAVE-TO's instead of the WANT-TO's.   Those HAVE-TO's are multiplying and catching up with me, so its time to take time out of the artroom to take care of business.  **acting like I was just told to clean my room **

Recently, a friend wanted to buy one of my paintings. YAY!  However, Hubs also had a connection to it and didn't want to part with it just yet.  Well, alright.  Hubs is always ready to make money, so if he says that he didn't want to sell that particular painting, he must really be attached to it.

So, asked the friend if he would take a print.  No problem, yes, he would.  So off I went to find a printer that could do it!  I went 35 miles to the printer I like for my pen and inks.  After finding out that their scanner will not take canvas, (it rolls the paper through but canvas doesn't bend) their suggestion was take a good digital picture of it and send it in to a good printer.   Asked a couple of artist friends about where they get their prints made and received a couple of referrals to some places online.  I have checked locally and haven't found anything reasonable.

I sent the digital picture of the print to several different printers to see their work.  I was amazed that one did their own, and three of them went to the same lab!  And I liked them better than the one that did their own.  So, good to know!

However...

I didn't send the right picture.  I always take pics of my art in progression to be able to step back and see it differently throughout the process... I always see something that I want to change or do differently, after I take a pic and pull it up on my computer, then I will go back and change it. 

Well it was one of THOSE that I now have 4 prints of.  Dang, dang dang!!!  It may not look bad to someone else, but its not the final product.  And I'D know!


Lesson learned.  I really ought to delete those progression pictures once the painting has changed, but I don't.  Its kind of looking down the path you traveled to get to your destination.

At any rate, I found the printer I like through the process anyway, and so I will probably send some others.  Now to send the final digital file to the printer to get my very patient friend his print.

Hope to have more to show next time I write.  Until then, I will share something artsy:


Have a good week, friends, and make something colorful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...