Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2, 2013

On Easter morning we looked out at our feeders and found two Pileated Woodpeckers in our tree.  By the time I ran to get my camera, they had flown over to the neighbors.  I have never seen these before, although we do get red headed woodpeckers at our feeders often, but these are huge- at least a foot long!  They were both males too, with no females (who are not as pretty colored) nearby. 
 So, as I was researching these magnificent birds, I see that they are uncommon, although some of my friends say they have seen them before.  Anyway, I felt compelled to do this, then...

I
I really am not a bird lover, and I guess these can be pretty destructive, but they are pretty in a "God's creature" kind of way.   As long as they leave the trees in my yard alone....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...