Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday November 30, 2015

The local arts and crafts show is this weekend, and in keeping with my word for 2015, (lighten) I am going to get in to get rid of some of the load.  Just hoping to make booth rent.

That being said, I am in a creative jag at the moment, that just has my mind zipping from one project to another.  Not helpful.

After the boys left yesterday, from what was a really great Thanksgiving that I thoroughly enjoyed, the house was too quiet, and I was too tired, and too creatively distracted to just sit here and cry about missing the kids.  So since I have two paintings in mind, (one is my Christmas painting) and no canvas, we took a road trip 35 miles to a big art supply that I don't get to very often.

While there, we decided that we haven't done anything for the cemeteries for the holidays yet and we also picked up things to make wreaths.I made five and after this pic was taken added a red bow to each. There are red holly berries and different greens that the pic doesn't show.  They really are prettier than what shows. 

Then, during the summer, I made a couple of these concrete hand planters.  I was looking for air fern  ever since and hadn't been able to find it, but I found some fake cactus that I really think works well with them.  SO, finished those too! Nice to get them off my counter in the kitchen. (now what to do with them?)

I also picked up a couple things for experiments of some ideas shooting around in my head.  I really need to do something around the house... to many ideas, so little time!

I did decorate the front porch for Christmas and put up my manger scene.   As far as I am concerned, until the tree goes up, the rest can wait.  At least til the craft show is over.  Wish me luck.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...