Saturday, August 1, 2015

Saturday the FIrst of August 2015

My boss's boss called me into her office the other day (gulp!) and asked if I could do some lettering for her for a friends baby shower... what was I supposed to say?  No?
She showed me the 12x12 sheets of scrapbook paper she had bought, (grey and yellow was the color of the nursery, so of the shower also) and then she laid them all out on the conference table the way she was going to hang them from ribbons, then gave me the four she wanted to say B-A-B-Y.
I came up with this font, from only God knows what corner of my head, (but thanks for that, God!) and with indelible marker, and in 20 minutes or so, came up with this.  Not bad, if I do have to say so myself!
 
She was thrilled!  I was happy I didn't screw one up where she would have to run back to the store for another piece of paper (Can you imagine: "Boss? Can you run to the store and get another one of these?  I goofed up!?!")
She sent me this picture of it all done for the shower with a note saying that everyone couldn't believe I did it freehand and in a few minutes!  I feel like I passed a huge exam!  Life is full of exams.  School prepares you for times like this, and I didn't do too well with exams back then, but feel I aced this one. Whew! Yea me! **happy dance here!**

In other news...

I just received a thumbs up on the logo for the new restaurant. I am not going to show it here because she is going to have the copyright on it, but she is naming the place after her Grandmother Rosie and it incorporates a rose in the design.  I hope it does her well for many long years.  Will deliver the final copy today.

The Wine Chest, as its simply called, is still in the dining room being added to and adjusted. Hopefully done by Christmas!  Setting my sites high with this one! (sarcasm)

I think I am done with the snowman ironing board.  Should be able to deliver that this week.

The trash bin is in a state of  I-don't-know.  **Shaking my head with face in hands.  "It'll be alright", my crafty angel voice in my head says.**

Next week is the first annual Art Extravaganza downtown.  I didn't get into it because I really don't sell, but now think that I do have a few things I could get rid of in the art room.  So for a few days now, been thinking I could throw a few things in frames and have a booth. Then I think, really?  To do it right, I should have started earlier.  I could have. I probably should have.  Just too much else to think of right now.  The dining room and the art room have been filled with 5 things going at any given time.  (Thank you again, God, for an understanding Hubs)  Maybe next year.  ("my word for this year is LIGHTEN, like 'lighten my load' and sell some art - what about THAT, eh?" she says to herself!)  Hard, when you work 40 hours and have housework and other events in your life, but it is my intention to start letting some things go.

Moral of the story: Life is an exam that just might have you talking to yourself... stay tuned.






2 comments:

Let me know what you think...