Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday night August 22, 2015

I am sitting here under a wrap because it really is chilly.  In August. 
As much as I hate to let summer go, it seems to laugh at me as it is getting cooler much earlier this year. **sound of finger nails on a chalkboard to signify my hold slipping on said summer**

This morning, I was supposed to participate in a Plein Aire event.  It was a two day event, where before you start, you go in and pay your entry fee, have your canvas stamped and then go out and paint in the free air.
When I drove 25 minutes to said event, the art center where they were scheduled to have the event and the artist reception this evening, was locked up tight.  I went to the other art-type building where I know they give classes. 
Nope. 
I checked the internet event notification that I had.  Nothing was actually said about where and who would stamp your canvas.  So I called the phone number on the bottom of the event flyer.  It rang and rang.  I ran around town where there might be artists... not a one!  The time said it was to start at 8am.  It was 8:30, and paintings needed to be handed in by 5pm.  I found two spots that I wanted to paint.  I called another artist that usually participates... he was on vacation.
I came home.  So I still have my first plein air experience yet to experience.

I did get a Sit and Sketch organized and done last Tuesday at the local Yacht Club.  It looked like it was going to be stormy out, and we did get a little sprinkle, but it cleared right off and was just fine. There were 4 of us, three had never done that before and me, who had only done it the one other time.  Here is what I did in two hours... but it was a beautiful night to be at the lake and it was very meditative.  I think everyone did a great job and sounded like they want to do it again!
Friend Christy and I are working on that Wine Bottle Chair, and although we have been taking pics of it, I don't know if the pics are as easy to see what it looks like, but she and I know...
Still only half built...
Well, the Sandman is telling me its time to go to bed.  Tomorrow is another day, and the start of the last full week of August.  (whine!)

Have a great week!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...