Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday August 29,2015 11:11am

I am sitting on my front porch enjoying a not-too-hot-not-too-cold day with a 60% chance of showers.  Not much to report, artsy wise:

The Rooster is now hung in its new home and the family loves it! Whoo Hoo!

Worked on the wine bottle chair last night and placed the arms and started the back.  (Waiting for glue to dry and firm.)

The Wine Label Chest is still in my dining room and I am still trying to get all those corners to lay down, and a clear coat over it all... Can only do one side at at time.

The bra art auction in October is coming up and its a whole new committee... which means all new rules.  I am not sure if there will be a next year, but I may be pleasantly surprised.  I hope so.  I started a piece before I knew the rules, and if it floats, fine, if not, fine too.  But once I had it in my head, it had to be done. Somewhere among the planning/rules/hub-bub of this years event, I have lost my enthusiasm over it.


Basically, that's the scoop on the week.  Next weekend is Labor Day and the unofficial end to summer.  The kids go back to school right after that and the long (lets hope its real long) slide to cooler temps arrive.  There are trees already starting to turn colors at the tips, and I think I need to go and lay under one and just look at green leaves for awhile.  Just to enjoy them for a bit.


On second thought, I believe I shall just stay on the porch and enjoy them from here, so the neighbors don't  think I am unconscious in the yard again.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...