Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday, the last day of June. :(

I can't believe its the last day of June already!  Slow down Summer! I guess its because your busier in the summer that it seems like it goes by so fast, and definitely faster than January!  We have been attending grad parties, and art festivals, (missed a couple because we couldn't fit it all in!) and doing the maintenance on the house that you can't do in winter, along with all the working, laundry, etc.

We finished the deck rail painting that didn't get done last year.  The front of the garage is now painted.  Its been ugly for a while.  Next, the side porch and the doors!  It feels like we have had three solid weeks of rain here, so not conducive to painting outdoors. 

Since last I wrote:
 This is as far as I have gotten with this... its glued at this point and not sure whether to lay another color in around it or not yet.  I haven't been thrilled with the choices yet, so maybe it will just stay like this.  I like the windmill look.
 Always on the lookout for natures beauty.  These bull thistles are beautiful but deadly.  Have you seen the THORNS these produce? 
Found some tile samples at the Habitat Restore, that I have been playing with to add another texture to these.  Love going to the Restore!  Did you know that donating things to the Restore helps with refurbishing Habitat homes for people needing homes?  And buying from there, raises money needed to do the same?  Win, win!

Fresh strawberry time here and this one was a bonus! and the pan of Strawberry muffins below were DEEE-LISH!  Double bonus!

 Love this mix of impatiens all over the yard this year.  They make me happy!  Hope it brightens your day too!  Stay  tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...