Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday June 14th, Flag Day, 2015

Happy Flag day!   My flag is flying on the front porch, is yours?

A lot has gone on since last I wrote:  
I think I told you about the piece that was chosen for our County Library's Summer art exhibition, so since I last wrote I attended an Artist Reception there.

I was trying to replicate the peonies in the garden, but decided the Lords artwork was much better. 
It always is.

 This is a little 3x3 canvas that made me happy.


 I went to a Detroit Tiger baseball game with some cousins and had a great time.  Being in the city, especially at night, gives me new sights to ruminate about... you just don't see things like the shot below where I live... that might be for future artistic ventures.

 This is an oar for the local Lake Art Festival. It should be auctioned off next week.

 This sketch was from my very first Sit and Sketch.  Our local art club arranged a night, (it turned out to be beautiful weather!) where we just parked our chairs and sketched for a couple hours and then did kind of a show and tell over dinner and drinks.  FUN!  Hope we have more of those!  I have never done anything like this before, and I think it might have given me the courage to do a Plein Aire event coming up.

 I helped a friend do a 12 foot tree in her living room.  She was thrilled with it! This isn't finished by the way, just as far up as I helped.  She had to get a taller ladder to finish the top, the next day.


The next few pics are from some recycled objects that would have ended up in the dumpster if I didn't snag them first.  These are outdated countertop and cabinetry samples, along with some cabinet doors that were irregular.  Too pretty to fill a landfill, dontcha think?  So although a chop saw scares the begeesus out of me, I faced my fears:

^ Marble countertop samples that I am going to make a table out of, eventually.  ^

These are wood color samples cut down to make designs on old cabinet doors:


So there you have it.  Its what I have been up to lately.  I suppose I better catch up on the drudgery items on my list, (read: laundry, bills, housework) - enough playing around!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...