Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sept. 7 2013 Saturday

Its funny that every once in a while, like a bus lets out or a neon sign goes off, people ask me for help of the art kind.  I have about 4 of those projects on the list at the moment.  Wish me luck.  I hope I can do everything and not disappoint.  Will post as I get them done.
By the way...
My friend Ellen loved her portrait of Tootsie that I showed you in a previous post. I didn't want to charge her, we have been friends for over 30 years and she lost her dog! I am thrilled that she liked it, (she says she LOVES it!) and I was able to help her remember her beloved Tootsie.  But, she not only took me out to lunch but gave me a card of thanks with a gift certificate to the art store.  She knows that's my happy place!  And it supports my habit.  :) BONUS! (She's such a sweetie.)

While I was up north last week we got to spend a couple hours out on the beach while waiting for my son.  I took a picture of a little girl on the beach, and couldn't wait to paint it.  Here's what I came up with:
I think its going to be a birthday present for one of my biggest fans, because of all the support I have gotten from her.  Shhhh... just in case she is reading....

The rest of the "to-do" list holds a mural, a sign for a science room at school, and something for a silent auction for a friend battling leukemia at the moment.  And on my own list, I really need to finish the picnic table in the back yard.  Should be good weather this weekend.


Always a new challenge.  Looks like I will be in paint clothes every waking minute for a while anyways (ok, maybe not at work!).  Funny how things come down the pike...lifes challenges, and opportunity for growth.. stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...