Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2012

Happy Belated 4th everyone!

My husband and boys and I chalked up about 1400 miles over the 4 day weekend, to my family reunion.  We had a blast meeting up with family we haven't seen in a while.  Now that we're home, (and its STILL raining on a daily basis so I can't paint my table) its time to rest up from it all.  Aren't vacations supposed to be about R&R?  Somehow, I never seem to book that in! Instead have been feeling like a zombie at work. 

The good news is: I found some art subjects while I was gone.  AND with all the rain, the garden is growing.  Since I haven't been able to paint, I hope you don't mind if I show you what the garden is doing...
The hydrangea has bloomed out.  This head is the size of a dinner plate.
The corn is eyeball high!  Usually the farmers hope for knee high by the 4th of July!

I missed a First Fridays while I was gone, but will display next month, in August.  I have several new things to show.  And by then hope to have a few more!  I should start something tonight!  I think I will!
Have a good week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...