Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 2013 Sunday

Well, yesterday, I didn't get to work on the table much, because Hubs' side of the family had their reunion.  BUT...
I did get to finish a painting that I was doing for my cousin tho.  It is of a Mine Shaft in the city of my ancestors.  The mine is closed now but it remains a landmark where they give tours and history of the mining in that area.   You can donate to have the mine lit up for special occasions, and my cousin and her husband had it lit up for our family reunion last week.  So, although it may or may not appeal to anyone else, it holds a memory of our youth and our willingness to get together in our adulthood and share our stories of our lives, past and present.  I am going to let it cure, spray it, and send it off...



And a couple nights ago, it was raining and creative juices were running, so I started this... not sure where I am going with it yet, but...
Work in progress...
Well, its a beautiful day, although HOT, and its a good day to get out and get that table done, so I guess I'll get to it.
Stay tuned!

UPDATE:
 It was a beautiful day and other than a few touch-ups, I got the top of the table pretty well done.  Now all we have to do is put the legs on it!  I'll post a final pic when its all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...