Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11,2013

WHOOOOOHOOO! A whole day without rain!  I actually got to put some paint on my table...
Let me refresh your memory.  I am recycling/upcyling some items I have found into a table.  I want to stop right now and say thanks to Hubs for helping me with the building/planning of it, I know how I want to put it together, but he is the one that listens and fits the pieces together.  Its not done yet, but its getting closer to his part of the job.

Anyhow, here are the legs one more time....they were found at a cabinetry shop clearance sale... they were just 4 different kinds of wood so I painted them this way.

These are kitchen  cabinet fronts, from the same sale. They will make a box around the top of the the legs to connect the legs with the top of the table.


 Here is the table round that is made from what I think was a large spool that telephone wire comes off of... found on a liquidation of a flower shop which used it as a display table.


So tonight I was finally able to prep the round top, with a primer coat or three....


Its not done, but I started basing the gerbera daisy on it.  There is still green, and white and black to be add and then Hubs will jump in and put it all together. It will be a bright conversation starter!

Will post again when its all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...