Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Today has been a day of rest.  Kinda.
I displayed at First Fridays last night and it was a good one indeed.  The weather was beautiful, I was in the center of town in a beautiful store and sold a lot of cards.   The feedback was good and there was wine!  So it was all good.

Today I just wanted to sleep in.  And I did get an extra hour!  But we ran to town to pick up a few things, I did a few batches of laundry, and started working on another project.  Well, actually two. One bigger than the other...  heres a sneek peek...
This was part of a display table at a floral shop that was going out of business last fall, and they were selling this one and a bigger one which made me squuueeeeek my brakes, go back and buy them.  Funny, but I also got some deals on some really pretty table legs at another place that was going out of business last fall.  1 + 1 = CREATIVE TABLE, I think.   So, since we don't have much room to do a big item like this, it has to be done outside, which where we live, means June, July or August.   Stay tuned.... its beautiful in my mind already!
 These are the legs


Also, on my way to work on Wednesday, my brakes went squueeek again, and I had to go back and get this:


Ok, yes, I was all dressed for work in high heels and everything, and it was out on the curb for the trashman.  I have no pride whatsoever, apparently.... but I hope to make something out of it.    Stay tuned for this one too!.


The glimpse of the garden this week shows that the lavendar patch is looking pretty healthy and is starting to bloom out.  Smells wonderful!


 The Cornfield hasn't gotten much taller, but then again, we haven't had any rain this week.  If we get some it will shoot!
















Believe it or not, these things are in the geranium family.


Yes!  We have tomatoes!  These are of the grape variety~ in a pot on the deck.

And my word this year is SUNSHINE... How appropriate that this one adorns our garage.  Love that face!

Have a great week!

Added on Sunday evening...
I was hoping that I could at least get the chair done this weekend... I had some old heavy cording that I used to weave lawn chairs with.  Had a bunch left over.  But it wasn't until I ran out of the color I had, ( I thought I had picked the yarn I had the most of) to find out I didn't have enough.  Three quarters of the way through!
Also have a basket of different kinds of spray paint.  I was going to respray the metal part of the chair black, and refresh the paint.  But I took out a spray can, with a black top on it, and started spraying.... GOLD!  Why don't they write what color they are putting inside on the CAN, instead of saying CAP COLOR IS PAINT COLOR.... the darn CAP comes OFF!  And obviously, can be used for any can!   That being said, I rolled with it, because thats just how I roll...
So, for a chair I picked up on the side of the road, using leftover paint and yarn, this is how it looks... almost done, and wondering now if I should find more yarn (haven't seen this stuff in YEARS!) or tear it all off and do something different.
 Maybe tear off the back and do wood or something.... I don't know... how do I get myself into these messes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...