Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2, 2012

I haven't really been doing any art the last few weeks, with the holidays upon us and also the cold season, I just haven't had the extra brain cells to be creative. 
I am in the process of selling my moms house.  She passed 4 years ago and the house has been on the market for 3.  It is finally selling at less than half of what it was worth when she passed, but, it needs to be loved and cared for and its time to close that door.
My mom passed in December on her 84th birthday.  Every year I used to buy her an Amaryllis bulb and one for me, and we would grow them for the holiday season.  For claiming not to have a green thumb, hers always did better than mine and hers usually bloomed first.
In light of this, I am going to post one of my first ever canvasses.  Its an amaryllis bloom.  Happy Birthday in heaven Mom. I am still trying to coax my bulb to open this year.  Maybe I could use some help?
(Its easier to paint them, I think)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting, the bulb will open in its own time.love and hugs, Sox.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...