Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 18, 2012

I have been watching someone (I won't divulge her name until I get permission, but it starts with a J) who has been doing an art piece once a week for almost a year now.  Then she will sell them as a fundraiser for her school.  I think about how busy I am, and she is even busier, and yet every week she is producing a piece of art.  I am simply in awe.  If I am motivated and have the creative 'bug', then a piece of artwork a week doesn't seem daunting at all.
But then comes DECEMBER. or at least THIS December.  I have no creative juices flowing at all right now.  WWJD?  I ask?   Not sure how she keeps the juices flowing.  Her head probably is filled with just as much Christmas stuff, and work stuff as mine. Where does it come from??
Does decorating the tree count?  (same tree, same orns, probably not!)
How about wrapping the presents? (Use the same paper and no ribbon, so probably doesn't count!)
I HAVE made a few presents, but it was on my computer, and not painted.  (1/2 point there!)
Well, I am going to have to challenge myself this year.  Maybe that should be my resolution.  I can hear my friend Shells, laughing now... we have tried this before, and I fell by the wayside long before she did.  I am sure when the holidays are over that I will embark on a wonderful new inspiration in the art room.
Until then, I will kick my feet up and try to enjoy some of the holidays with my family and dream of dancing paint tubes in my head for the coming new year.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


1 comment:

Let me know what you think...