Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday September 25, 2016


 This was such a nice weekend!  I took Friday off and we went to Art Prize in Grand Rapids MI.  Artists from all over display works of art that are 2D, 3D, Video, etc.   Although there is no way you could do the whole thing, it was evident that there weren't as many entries as past years, and there were less "WOW's".  The public votes on the displays and the winner in each category wins big money. In fact there might be a 2nd and 3rd in each category also.    My very favorite painting was not even in the competition, but was displayed in a foyer:
 This Lion was my favorite.
 This art of the Chicago Bean is all from duct tape!
 She is fired ceramic.  Well done!
 Paper collage.
 Bed springs.


 And a tree made from wires with lights that change color!

I found other things very impressive too, but wanted to show the diversity of the art.






Well as promised my last blog, here is what I came up with for the kids chairs from the ReStore.
I LOVE the ReStore!  Its official name is the Habitat for Humanity's ReStore.   Everything in there is donated and when you buy from the donated items there, the money goes toward Habitat for Humanity and the fixing up of homes for low income folks. Win! Win!   Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...