Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wednesday August 3, 2016 SPECIAL EDITION



So I told you about the Alzheimer's fundraiser that we have every year at work... I always donate a piece of art.
This year I was trying to do a celebrity portrait that probably had copyright issues, anyway, but after three failed attempts, I gave up.   This was on Sat. night and had to have it framed and turned in on Monday morning.  So I did what I had to do:  Framed up an older painting PRINT, (not even an original) and submitted it Monday morning.  It is not particularly even one of my favorites, but a lot of people have liked it.

All donations for this particular fundraiser were set up in the huge entry in our workplace on Monday and tickets go on sale on Friday morning for a Friday afternoon drawing.

Here is the reason for my special edition post today.

Our CEO, CFO and (I believe) COO all came in from Corporate for a Town Hall meeting.  When the CEO entered the building, he asked about all the donations.  It was explained about the fundraiser, and out of the 38 or 39 lots of prizes he was drawn to my painting and said something about, "we have creative people like that here"?

In the meeting, surrounded by my peers, he asked who the painter was, and made some very nice comments to me about my painting.  He loved it.  I guess it got quite a stir, because I got comments the rest of the day, and people from Corporate even wanted pics of it.

Today I smiled a lot.  I love painting and being artistic.  I do it for what it does for me.  But when someone else makes a fuss about it?   That's just icing on the cake!  I hope it goes to someone that loves it.  I heard that there was money left for tickets for Friday before they left for Corporate.

It was just an awesome feeling! Going to ride that wave for awhile.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...