Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy "Chocolate is Half-Off!" Day!

Have you heard about 500 Angels?  http://angels500.com/ It is based out of New Orleans and its been a call to artists for 500 Angels for 500 cancer patients.  It sounds like they will also do a book of the angels and sell the book also for funds for the cancer program there.  Since angels are some of my favorite things, I decided that I would recycle a canvas I had, to do one.  I finished her tonight.


My friend, Peg, who is a fish/aquarium enthusiast, found a bag of these in all different colors at a garage sale for 50c:

and brought them to me to 'do something with them'.   They are braided ribbon fish! Someone put a bunch of time and effort in these.  I think they are fun and clever!

Anyways, that was last Sept/October.  One project or the other has been in the forefront of my head since, until this weekend, when this project finally had risen to the surface of the clutter of my mind.  And here is what I came up with. I am very happy with the way it turned out and the pics just don't do it justice.

When Peg brought me the fish, she also brought me a small wood cutting board that had seen better days.  That is now painted blue, and is at the top of this mobile.  I found different sized clear and blue/green and  iridescent beads that portray bubbles.  Strung all the fish and the bubbles on fish line and attached through small holes drilled through the cutting board.  Tied off at the top with beads.  I can't wait for her to see it!  I hope she likes it.
 

My "little sumthins" went pretty well last Friday, at the fundraiser.  I have only 4 left.

The summer calendar has a lot of artsy things starting to vie for position.  At least one per month so far.  Some are things I will go to, and I may get in to a couple of the exhibitions.  So you need to stay tuned! for the fun ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...