Sunday, July 19, 2015

Saturday July 18, 2015

So wine bottles on Friday.  Birch trees on Saturday.  Who knows what happens on Sunday!

While the Hubs is away, I have to play.  This time someone elses Hubby was away too!  Recipe for Trouble? (notice the Capital T?)  I think NOT! (Not like that has ever happened before...)(insert rolling eyes emoticon here)

Our cousin Marge, wants to surprise her hubby with a family tree, of sorts, on the den wall of their beautiful condo.  She called me asking if I could paint a tree on the wall for the hanging of all the family photos. SURE!

The wall she was looking to do is red. I suggested a white birch, as a black or brown tree would be too dark.  The trim in the room was white and she has black wrought iron accents in the room. She hadn't considered a birch tree before and loved the idea.  So thats exactly what we did. 

I didn't want to post before he saw it, (why? I don't know,  I am pretty sure he doesn't read my blog.  Or if he even knows I HAVE a blog, because I am pretty sure a 70ish year old guy, hip as he is, would fall asleep reading this blog, unless of course, it has something about Basketball or Golf on it. Sorry, Larry, you won't find that here. lol.)

Anyway, she texted me after it was done to say again how much she liked it.  When Larry got home, she texted and said he doesn't even want pics hung on it!  (She is going to fight that battle!)  But so glad they both are so happy with it.
 We considered putting leaves on it, but Marge liked the winter tree look, (and really, green leaves I think would have looked Christmas-y, and yellow ones would have added another color to the room), and since she is covering it with pictures anyway, she didn't feel it needed it.

 I posted the one below because neither of these pics show the wall color exactly.  It is nowhere near the purple-y color (notice all the bluish colors overall?) above,  nor the orangy color below (the tree is better recorded on the blue one though).   But the camera does its own thing sometimes.  The wall is actually a pretty, deep red.   Red is the hardest color for a camera, film or printing ink to record and reproduce.
So I told her she will have to invite me over when she gets the photos hung, (and trust me, she will get that done! Sorry Larry), and I will see if she would mind if I posted it here. 

Sundays coming!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! So much dimensionality! And a really nice idea too. I agree it doesn't need leaves - the photos will be the leaves.

    ...and Sunday?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...